Contact Battisborough House
A large house 3-storey house within 6 acres of Devon coastal countryside with panoramic sea views. Battisborough House is open to rent for Residential Trips for Schools, large group holidays, event hire, team-building activities, and retreats.
Battisborough Cross, Holbeton,
Coming from Exeter use the postcode PL8 1JX
- Turn off the A38 after South Brent at the sign to Ermington, Ugborough.
- Turn left at the end of the slip road onto the B3196.
- After 1 mile, turn right at Kitterford Cross onto the A3121 towards Ugborough and Ermington.
- After 5 miles, passing Ugborough and Ermington on your right, turn onto the A379 to Plymouth.
- Continue for 1 mile up a hill with the Flete Estate on your left and turn left on the brow of the hill, following signs to Holbeton and Mothecombe.
- Following the road for 3 miles, leave Holbeton on your left in the valley and continue straight on to Mothecombe and Battisborough.
- At Battisborough Cross, turn left. This lane leads to Mothecombe, but after a quarter of a mile turn right on the bend to Battisborough House.
- There is a cattle track with electric barriers which may be closed at milking times.
- Just before the farm yard, the lane forks left to Battisborough House. Follow the drive to the end through the five-bar gate.
The following airports link the Southwest to the UK’s major cities and internationally:
There are regular connecting services from Exeter Airport to London Gatwick.
- Tallyho operates a bus from Plymouth Royal Parade to Mothecombe once daily, and the journey takes 37 minutes (number 94)
- The Falcon bus runs between Plymouth and Bristol airport and conveniently stops at Lee Mill
- From London – Great Western’s fast intercity express trains arrive in Plymouth from London Paddington frequently throughout the day
- The nearest mainline train from London, Paddington is Ivybridge but check your train stops there. Otherwise, Plymouth and Totnes stations are thirty minutes away and on the mainline route to London.
Find us on the map